Home          Articles           FAQ           Site Map           Partners

Debtor wants to settle by paying me

Q: My debtor called me, he wants to settle by paying me, will the Judgment Enforcer be ok with that?

A: The debtor made a mistake. And if you take the judgment debtor's money when you no longer own the judgment, you will have made a mistake.

The letter or notices the judgment enforcer (JE) usually sends to the debtor clearly explains - that the debtor could only legally pay off this judgment by paying the court or the JE - the Assignee Of Record. (Also, you and the JE both signed a contract.)

Please do not accept money from the debtor. If you do - you must let the JE know. Nobody has a right to satisfy a judgment that a JE owns unless the JE is going to be paid their share. This mistake is very easy to fix if caught early - and fixed it must be.

Go Back To Articles Go Back to the FAQ JudgmentBuy.com Home Page JudgmentBuy.com Home Page
JudgmentBuy - Contact: John Adams at info@judgmentbuy.com

National USA Map

© Copyright 2001-2017 John Adams. Entire site is protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved.