Home          Articles           FAQ           Site Map           Partners

What if I want my judgment back?

Q: If I am not happy with a judgment enforcer's service, do I have a legal right to ask them to give the judgment back to me so I can find another judgment enforcer? If so, how much I owe you or them, if anything?

A: First, judgment enforcers are not a service, they now own your judgment, and have an obligation to pay you if they recover money (above their court-approved costs). Second, if nothing is collected you don't owe anyone anything. Third, judgment enforcers are entities who bought your judgment. If the debtor has assets showing - you might "be happy". If your debtor has no assets showing - you might not "be happy". (Happiness is a choice.)

When you use a collection agency or a collection lawyer to recover your judgment, you retain ownership of your judgment, and JudgmentBuy refers you only to the best.

When a judgment enforcer buys a judgment, it has to be without recourse - meaning it is not up to you when or if you get it back. This is not our idea, it is the law - it is the only way a judgment enforcer can enforce a judgment that did not start out belonging to them.

If several years pass - and the judgment enforcer cannot find any of the judgment debtor's assets - then if you ask - they may decide return it to you. (If the enforcer has spent money, they usually add that to the debtor's debt - and they may ask you to reimburse them for what they spent.)

Keep in mind, if a qualified judgment enforcer (local to the debtor) cannot enforce this judgment, it is very unlikely anyone else can either.

Go Back To Articles Go Back to the FAQ JudgmentBuy.com Home Page JudgmentBuy.com Home Page
Contact: John Adams at info@judgmentbuy.com

National USA Map

© Copyright 2001-2017 . Entire site is protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved.